Amid political uncertainty, and even as Israel suffers from the latest rocket attacks from Gaza, we still have so much to thank God for. This week, let’s remember to be grateful that He provides us guidance through prayer and scripture. And we also ask that He continues to care for us while we do the work of His hands.
- It is certainly a time of political change, as Egypt just elected a Muslim Brotherhood-backed president. Despite our apprehensions–especially with concern for Egypt, Israel, and the U.S.–let us call on the Lord for His guidance and His will. “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding” (Proverbs 3:5).
- Give thanks to the Lord for the gift of the Torah. Pray that God helps us all to live justly by His Word. ”Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD” (Deuteronomy 8:3).
- Pray for the citizens in Syria who live in fear of the government, and who continue to suffer from the effects of the current civil war. “The LORD gives strength to His people; the LORD blesses His people with peace” (Psalm 29:11).
- Give thanks for all those involved in 4Zion and its programs. Our partners are doing great work for God! “It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect” (2 Samuel 22:33).
- Please pray for the work of 4Zion around the world. Ask that God guide our two great faiths as we work together. “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom” (Ecclesiastes 9:10).