No matter what joys or challenges we are currently experiencing, how great it is to know that God’s compassions never fail, that they are “new every morning”(Lamentations 3:23). May that truth fill us all with hope and joy and guide us as we pray for the safety of Israel, the work of The Fellowship, and peace throughout the world.
- Pray for the victims of yesterday’s attacks in Bulgaria and their loved ones – and for all the fighting men and women on the front lines in the war on terror!
- Praise God for the gift of his holy and living Word. “The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes” (Psalm 19:7-8).
- As the Muslim Brotherhood’s Mohamed Morsi assumes his role as Egypt’s new leader, pray for the safety of the Egyptian people – and for good relations between Egypt and Israel. “I will grant peace in the land, and you will lie down and no one will make you afraid. I will remove wild beasts from the land, and the sword will not pass through your country” (Leviticus 26:6).
- Pray that the senseless killing of thousands in Syria will finally come to an end. “You, Lord, will keep the needy safe and will protect us forever from the wicked” (Psalm 12:7).
- As international tensions rise concerning Iran and their nuclear ambitions, pray that God will grant world leaders wisdom and that ultimately peace will reign. “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety” (Psalm 4:8).